Sunday, October 01, 2006

Updates on Nick's session (30/09/06)

Hey all, Nick was pretty good today, quite ok
with the new programs too.

MI:did lego with the 2 reference point, he was so much better
now. I also did pre writing skill (drawing vertical line).
He needed prompts for this and he doesn't really hold the
pencil correctly but he's ok with me holding his hand and
draw the line.

EL: I had opened new words for this program ie laughing,
looking, smelling, thinking. I had also told dad to
get the pictures of some of the words on the tracking form.

RI: I did the out of room 'give to xxx'. He was really
good for the 1st two trials, gave the objects to his
daddy/mummy and came back to sit down. But the following
trials, he ran around the room so had to cut the trials.

Operation + Obj: Opened new program 'touch xxx', not bad for this.
I also did this out of chair too.

GKR: He was not really good with the SD 'Find the same' so i actually
promted him by saying ie 'Find the furniture'. He could do this and then
i emphasized it's the same and asked him to 'Find the same'

Preposition: Doing expressively now. I placed the words 'on' and
'under' as prompt. Also he tends to say it fast so sometimes i couldnt
really hear whether he was saying 'on' or 'under'.

Play: His dad had bought the SLAP HAPPY. I tried playing it with him, he
was pretty good at it, could slap the right colour and seems to enjoy it too.

That's all
cheers

No comments: