Saturday, September 09, 2006

Johnny, the super off task(OT) king!!

All of the sessions went pretty well this week except for one session with Johnny. He was super off task (OT). This means that he was not paying attention to me whe i told him to do something. He would basically look everywhere instead of my direction and the tasks he had to do. I couldnt believe it that he could do it for like almost haif of the session (which is 1.5 hours). I tried enforcement prompting, holding his hand to get the taks done, also trying to get his attention back but it didnt help. He just totally ignored me. This is the first time that i feel so helpless. I've tried almost everything but i just couldnt get his attention. In fact, he had pretty strong reinforcer and by right he shouldnt have OT. Maybe it was one of those days that he just feel happy being in his own world and completely shut down on others. Haha, come to think of it, it's quite possible cause i tend to do this too when i just want to be left alone. I just hope that this does not happen to often with me cause i'm really at my wits end.

As for Nick, he was good at the preposition and attributes programs now. It's really great that he is quite a fast learner and he is also the easiest to teach among the 3 kids that i have. He is not really that high functioning as compared to Johnny but he is super compliance which makes programs really easy to teach. Johnny was actually quite high functioning, just that he still cant talk but i'm going into that. As for Ivan, he was quite low for his age but it doesnt matter cause whatever their age, whether they are low or high, they are also smart in my eyes. I know that they can learn and are willing to learn which is the good thing=)

No comments: