Sunday, August 27, 2006

Compliance + No Fussing = Superb Session!! (Session 2&3)

Had Nick on Friday and Saturday, he was awesome. As you can read from the title, he was totally compliance and there was no fussing at all even at his own house on Saturday. I did alot of play programs woth him today. We played the air slammer, remote car, V-smile, dart, soccer. I can dare say that he enjoyed all of the plays.And somehow, i have this feeling that i can connect much better with him. He seems to know that i'm actually there to help him so nowadays, he didnt scratch me as much (actually no more scratching for 3 consecutive sessions)

Another thing i observed about him is that he likes to read alot, especially books with lots of picture. Books and magazines are actually his reinforcers. Behaviour wise, i'm hearing less of "i want to wee wee" these days. I still can recalled that when i first started out, he would keep saying "i want to wee wee" non stop. He would say this when he wanted to avoid the tasks or when he become stressed. However, these days when he said that, he really meant going to wee wee and not to avoid the task. I really like the feeling when these kids actually don't mind you being there for them and in fact, enjoys my accompany. Yeah=)

AS for now, i just want to enjoy my session with every kids that i have. ABA is really a good method, i can see that it really works on these kids. My only wish for them is that they will be indistinguishable from regular kids one day (this is a wish that all people who work with ASD kids have)

No comments: