Thursday, August 24, 2006

We are afterall the same, why treat them differently

i was quite distressed today when one of my fellow therapists called me and told me about Ivan. He told me that Ivan was not at his usual self during therapy today. There was actually time during the session that Ivan covered his head and was going to cry. When the therapist asked him what happened, he told the therapist that he was bullied in school. His school mates hit his head on the wall and slapped him. I was really quite pissed off when i heard that. How could they do such a thing to Ivan? That's the thing about putting an ASD kid in a mainstream school with the regular kids. The worst thing is that he is in EM3, the place where all the hooligans are. I really feel sad for Ivan. It's really sad that he has ASD and now instead of treating him better, these kids are making fun of him. He is not an "object", he is like one of us, human who needs the love, care and concern from others. Why must we treat them differently? Sometimes, i just cant understand what have this world become. It seems that humans are getting emotionless these days. And what are the teachers in the school doing? I'm just wondering....

No comments: