Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Nick Session1

This is actually not nick's first session with me. I have been working with him for about 2 months and i can see that he has actually inproved quite a bit since i first saw him. I still can remember that at our first meeting, he actually was super non compliance. He would not listen to the instruction that i gave to him and he also scratched me too. However, his complaince now is defintely so much better now. He has no problem listen to me and scratches me less too.

I did a few programs with him today and taught him to play quite a few games. He likes the remote control car. He is now able to make the car move forward and backward. I'm impressed!! Ok, you may think it's an easy task but definitely not when the kid is autistic. So it's really nice to see that he enjoyed doing it. He was doing pretty good with the air slammer too, able to slam the disc to the goal ( basically, the plays are broken down into small parts so that these kids can learn it step by step. remember that they are not our regular kids so special attention and patient are needed to teach them and it's not always easy)

I was surprised today that he could say "What is it?" when i asked him something that he didn't know. It's such a wonderful feeling. I literally smile when he said that without me prompting (in ABA, we did quite a lots of prompting especially for programs in which the kids have difficulty).

I also did "operation + object" ie give xxx, shake xxx. He was super good with that. The function of this program is basically for him to listen attentively so that he can get the object and do the action. Overall, the session went on super well!! Keep it up Nick=)

No comments: